Invitation for Expressions of Interest for Core Investor Sale of Afam Power Plc and Afam Three Fast Power Limited (“Afam Genco”) and Yola Electricity Distribution Company (Yola Disco)
The Bureau of Public Enterprises is charged with the responsibility of privatizing government public enterprises. The National Council on Privatisation chaired by His Excellency, the Vice President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria had approved the commencement of the privatization of the above-named enterprises.
Download Afam Invitation
Download Yola Invitation
The Deutsche Gesellschaft fÜr Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH; “GIZ SUPPORT PROGRAMME TO THE ECOWAS COMMISSION”, financed by Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development of Germany, would like to procure 139 units of various IT and Studio Communication Equipment such as Intel Core i7 Laptops, Handheld HD Video Camera, Portable Lighting Rigs, Desktop PCs, Broadcast Quality Mics, Prime Lens etc.
Accordingly, GIZ invites interested suppliers to furnish GIZ Nigeria Country Office with the following:
a. Comprehensive company profile.
b. Evidence of registration with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC)
c. Evidence of being financially capable to finance such tender preferably introductory bank letter.
d. Evidence of experience with previous similar jobs.
For consideration, all interested bidders should submit the aforementioned documents as a hard copy in a sealed envelope to GIZ Nigeria Office reception at No. 4 Julius Nyerere Crescent, Asokoro, Abuja labelled:
“Expression of Interest 91105457″,
as an email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org with email subject line:
“Expression of Interest 91105457″,
Only complete documents received at the physical address or email address indicated not later than Monday January 30th, 2017 by 12 noon from the date of this publication will be accepted and considered. Interested suppliers with complete bid documents will be issued the full tender document.
Implemented by: giz (Deutsche Gesellschaft fÜr Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH)
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EDI) ON FEASIBILITY AND DETAILED STUDIES ON ROAD TRANSPORT, FEASIBILITY AND DETAILED STUDIES ON SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT, FEASIBILITY AND DETAILED STUDIES ON STORM WATER DRAINAGE AND WATERSHED MANAGEMENT, ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT STUDY AND DEVELOPMENT OF ABA CITY MASTER PLAN.
Date of issue: 16th Jan, 2017
Closing date: 10th Feb, 2017
As part of Government commitment to uplift the state of infrastructure in Abia State, ABSG approached the AfDB through the federal Government (Federal Ministry of Finance) to seek finding support to implement the project covering Urban Roads in Aba and Umuahia cities, integrated waste management, watershed management and gully erosion control to address the problems of collapsed infrastructure in the State. In order to achieve this, the Abia State Government through the Federal Government of Nigeria has applied for financing from the Africa Development Bank toward the cost of the Abia State Integrated Infrastructure Development Protect and intends to apply part of the proceeds for this loan (PPF) to payments under the contracts.
Therefore the purpose of this consultancy services is to select the qualified firms who will be required to carry out the feasibility and detailed studies on Road transport, feasibility and detailed studies on solid waste management, feasibility and detailed studies on storm water drainage and watershed management, environmental impact study and development of Aba City Master plan.
The consulting firms will be hired to carry out these services for a period of sixty days to provide services under tire following components.
THE OBJECTIVE OF THE CONSULTANCY SERVICES
Abia Slate Integrated Infrastructure Development Project (ABSIIDP) AfDB assisted is the implementing agency in the Slate has the responsibility of proving the enabling environment and much needed assistance to conduct studies that will provide infrastructure solutions and fully unlock the potentials and competitiveness of the city of Aba in Abia State. The studies will aim to conduct strategic city master plan and identification of urgent priority infrastructure aimed to provide immediate solutions to the problems affecting the cities.
More precisely the consultancy services will entail the development of fully bankable studies. The studies would include conducting necessary engineering, environmental and economic studies and identification of optimal, cost-effective and economically justified infrastructure options by analyzing to technical and economic viability, assessing the environmental and social impacts and then preparing engineering and tender documents.
The assignment with thus will be divided into two (2) components.
Component I: Urgent Integrated Infrastructure
The consultant will undertake a rapid assessment of infrastructure in the cities of Aba and Umuahia of three (3) thematic spaces including road transport, solid waste management and storm water drainage system. The purpose of this assignment will include but not limited to the following:
1. ROAD TRANSPORT:
a. Undertake a rapid assessment of the road network and identify critical and principal road arteries in the urban and peri-urban Network of Aba and Umuahia cities in need of urgent intervention.
b. Define the location, distance, and engineering specifics of the road network in need of urgent intervention and prioritize the intervention.
2. Storm Water Drainage and Water Management.
a. Undertake rapid screenings of zone in need of urgent intervention storm water drainage systems.
b. Define the geological location of the area and specify the proposed drainage channels.
3. SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT
a. Review the current solid waste management system and identify the area that needs immediate and urgent intervention in Aba.
COMPONENT II: MASTER PLAN
The consultant will undertake studies for a detailed city master plan for Aba in parallel with activities under component I, the masterplan will provide a basis in and justification for decision making in the promotion, implementation and timing of the entire Abia State integrated infrastructure programme to renew the city.
SUBMISSION OF EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOIS)
The Abia State Integrated Infrastructure Development project (AfDB Assisted) now invites eligible consulting firms (consultants) to indicate their interest in providing the services, interested consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the services.
The shortlisting criteria are (i) Evidence showing the fields of specialty of the firm (Consultant’s Profile/Brochures) (ii) Evidence showing that the firm is a legal entity (certificate of registration) (iii) Evidence of registration with relevant authorities and professional bodies (iv) evidence showing the technical and managerial capacities of the firm in the field of assignment (v) Experience of working in a similar geographical terrain, (vi) Evidence of similar assignment done (vii) Availability of required skills among staff, and availability of essential technology etc for each previous project performed, the consultant shall provide the name(s) and contract address of the client: (office and address and telephone numbers):
Date(s) of execution, name(s): of load and associate firms, contract amount, (viii) Evidence of completion certificate of similar job done.
Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of joint venture or a sub-consultancy to enhance their qualification.
A consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the African development banks rules and procedures for the use of consultants.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hour (10:00am – 16:00pm). Expression of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by courier).
Abia State Integrated Infrastructure Development
Project (AFDB Assisted)
Attention: Bob C. Ogu Esq. – Team Leader/Coordinator.
3b Okpara Avenue Umuahia, Abia State.
THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OF NIGERIA
THIRD NATIONAL FADAMA DEVELOPMENT PROJECT (FADAMA III) ADDITIONAL FINANCING
CREDIT No: 52930-UNI
ENUGU STATE FADAMA COORDINATION OFFICE
4 Onitsha Road, G.R.A. Enugu
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI) FOR CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR FEASIBILITY STUDY AND SUPERVISION OF REHABILITATION OF IRRIGATION SCHEME AND CONSTRUCTION OF WATER HARVESTING STRUCTURE
FEASIBILITY STUDY AND SUPERVISION OF REHABILITATION OF IRRIGATION SCHEME AT NGENEDU ADANI UZO-UWANI LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA AND CONSTRUCTION OF WATER HARVESTING STRUCTURE AT ODUMA, ANIRI LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA
Date of Issuance: December 07, 2016
This request for Expression of Interest follows the General Procurement Notice for this Project that appeared in the Development Business No. 637 and Daily Trust Newspaper of Nigeria of 3rd July, 2009 and updated on December 4th, 2014
The Federal Government of Nigeria has received credit from the International Development Association (IDA) to finance the cost of the Third National Fadama Development Project Additional Financing (Fadama III + AF) and intends to apply part of the proceeds of this credit to payments under the contract for the following consulting Services Consultancy Services viz: Feasibility Study and Supervision of Rehabilitation of Irrigation Scheme and Construction of Water Harvesting Structure
The assignment is to be implemented in two (2) phases and to cover the following activities
A. PHASE 1 (DESIGN)
1. Field visits to take general survey of catchment hydrology, general review of land usage, general review of climatic factors influencing the projects area
2. Assessment of catchment runoff characteristics including erosion and sediment transport & siltation risk
3. Calculation of design discharge for appropriate return period
4. Geotechnical assessment of the integrity of the earth dam structure. Techniques may include (but may not be confined to) drilling cores along dam crest, in-situ, field and laboratory testing and analysis of materials
5. Hydrology assessment of seepage flows through and under the dam structure and associated risks by visual means
6. Assessment of structural integrity of existing spillway structures, including review of foundations, design flow capacity
7. Review of causes of past failure (crest breach, seepage, spillway, or other), estimation of influent sediment load & associated design life of reservoir
8. Prepare Bill of Engineering Measurement and Evaluation (BEME), analysis of the investment, including the cost/benefits of the project with technical and financial recommendations
9. Assess the environmental and social impact as a result of rehabilitating the Dam and Constructing of water harvesting structures in the location with recommendations on mitigating measure
10. Selected site catchment area should not be either too small or too big for the water harvesting structures. The consultant shall determine the irrigation water requirement of cultivated crop in the area, the effective rainfall, evapotranspiration (ET), application efficiency and leaching requirement, peak rate of runoff and volume of runoff in the catchment area of the pond
B. PHASE 2 (SUPERVISION)
1. Review the Dam and water harvesting structure design to incorporate comments and observations, deficiencies, or improvements that the beneficiaries and other stakeholders want it to be considered to ensure successful completion of the projects
2. Ratify the Contractor’s work plan for the execution of the contract including corresponding pre-construction activities in such a way to avoid slippages, delays by the contractor and to monitor and suggest to the Employer remedial advance actions to speed up works and avoid delays
3. To ensure high quality construction with full compliance to engineering standards, technical specifications and other requirement in the contract documents
4. To ensure proper programming, recording, measurement and accounting of the works through appropriate managements measures and techniques of reporting
5. To prepare and issue valuation certificates for payment as at when due and in line with the terms of contract
6. To prepare monthly progress report and final construction report compiled in a full set of all completed works
7. To ensure safety during construction and adherence to all Environmental Management measures prescribed under the contract
8. To supervise any remedial works carried out during the defects liability period. Assign personnel to carry out intermediate and final inspection and preparation and issuance of final completion certificate
9. Carry out all obligations provided for the “Engineer” in the contracts. In the event of contractual dispute which may result in legal action, adjudication or arbitration, between the contractor and the employer, on the instruction the Consultant will collate and prepare factual documentation which the circumstances of the dispute. If required, the Consultant will attend hearings
OBJECTIVE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The overall objective of the assignment is to carry out Feasibility for the Rehabilitation of existing Irrigation Scheme in ADANI (Dam A Dam B) and Construction of Water Harvesting Structures in Oduma, carry out the designs and supervision of the construction from inception to completion stage, Environmental and Social impact assessment and Preparation of confidential Bill of Engineering Measurement and Evaluation (BEME)
SCOPE OF WORK
The scope of the work is to review reports, assess the water demands for domestic and agricultural uses, mapping of the study area, stakeholder consultation, conducting of feasibility study, design of the rehabilitation of existing irrigation scheme in ADANI, conveyance and water harvesting structures in selected areas, preparation of Draft Bidding Document and Bill of Engineering Measurement and Evaluation (BEME), undertake detailed quantitative and qualitative Environmental and Social assessment and update the current EA reports, institutional framework for implementation and capacity assessment, consultation and participation and preparation of Environmental and Social Management Plan. This assignment is to be implemented in two phases and to cover the following activities:
DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Task A: Engagement with Stakeholders Review and Collection of Existing Data
The study will use a participatory approach involving stakeholders during the exercise. This is to ensure effective consultations and buy in all of stakeholders; the consultant shall brief stakeholders on the objectives of the assignment, explaining its benefits and implications. The consultant will carry out review of existing data, reports, study, and proposals on the existing irrigation scheme in the area and the proposed water harvesting structure location
Task B: Site/Field Visit, Site Geotechnical Survey and Investigation of the Existing Dams
The consultant shall visit the site to finding the information on the condition of the water sources, the adequacy of irrigation water at the end point and farm sizes, condition of conveying and control structures. The consultant shall identify the failed portions of the embankment(s), determine the scope of work required to remedy the failed embankment(s), determine the additional length of channelization in the entire farm area, survey the channelization alignment, and develop longitudinal drawings that make for gravity flow of water in the proposed areas. The consultant shall determine the extent of desilting the water storage basin to ensure that full capacity utilization is achieved, among others. The consultant will carry geological mapping of the area, assessment of the geological information on soil, rock mechanic and the result of the analysis collected and ensure that the geological investigation requirements are adequate and that they have been carried out accordingly to the international standard.
On harvesting structure, the consultant visits proposed area and shall identify a suitable site for the construction. Selected site catchment areas should neither be too small or too big. The consultant to shall determine the irrigation water requirement of cultivated crop in the area, the effective rainfall, evapotranspiration (ET), application efficiency and leaching requirement, peak rate of runoff and volume of runoff in the catchment area of the pond
The consulting firm shall constitute a team of COREN registered members with skill and vast experience in civil works to meet the objectives and scope of services. The Consultant’s team shall have skills in engineering, hydrology, water quality, and cost benefit analysis. If all the required skills are not available within the consulting firms, they are encouraged to form joint ventures with other firms. The following is an indicative list of skills required for carrying out the assignment:
Staff Skills – Key Staff
1. Civil/irrigation Engineer/Team Leader – 1
2. Structural Engineer – 1
3. Geotechnical Engineer – 1
4. Mechanical Engineer – 1
5. Social & Environmental Specialist – 1
6. Dam/Site Engineer (Representative) – 2
To Enugu State Fadama Coordination Office (ENSFCO) now invites eligible consulting firms to submit their Expression of Interest (EOI) to be engaged for the above consultancy. Interested consulting firms must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services. Consequently, the Consultant should submit along with their EOI documentary evidence to show:
• General qualifications and number of key staff
• Description of similar assignments;
• Nature of the assignments, locations and dates; and
• Any other relevant information
A consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers, May 2004 (revised October 2006, May 2010 and January 2011)
Interested Consultant firms may obtain further information at the address below from 0900 to 1600 hours, Monday – Friday.
Expression of Interest must be delivered to the address below on or before Wednesday, December 21st 2016.
State Project Coordinator
Third National Fadama Development Project
Enugu State Fadama Coordination Office (ENSFCO)
No. 4 Onitsha Road, G.R.A. Enugu State, Nigeria
CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT AND DEPLOYMENT OF ENTERPRISE NETWORK SECURITY (SECURE GATEWAY) SOLUTION FOR THE CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA
1. The Central Bank of Nigeria (hereafter referred to as “CBN” or “the Bank”), being the apex bank of the country, occupies a central position in the economic and social development of Nigeria. In order to fulfil its vision of being the best in class among the world’s central banks has deployed Information Technology (IT) Infrastructure and enterprise applications to support its core business processes and enable delivery of its strategic objectives. The bank seeks to improve its security posture by upgrading some of its devices; that provides protection for CBN’s application servers, for perimeter security/remote access and solution for web content filtering
2. CBN now invites sealed bids from bidders for the supply and consulting services for implementation, training and maintenance support to provide for CBN’s application servers
a. LOT 1: Solution to provide protection for CBN’s application servers
b. LOT 2: Solution for perimeter security and remote access
c. LOT 3: Solution for Web Content Filtering
This request for Proposal (RFP) is being extended to a set of eligible and competent vendors
3. Proposals from single vendors or from multiple vendors working together as a team will be both considered. The ideal vendor(s) will have certified knowledge and verifiable capacity and experience in the software industry. Experience in the public or banking sector is preferred, but not mandatory
Interested and competent vendors wishing to provide the above services to CBN must submit the following documents for verification;
a. Evidence of Registration with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC)
b. Certified true copy or memorandum and Article of Association
c. Evidence of payment of tax for the last three (3) years as and when due. (Such evidence should reflect the value of the projects undertaken by the company in the last three (3) years)
d. Evidence of registration with Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria (FRCN)
e. Current Pension Clearance Certificate from PENCOM
f. Evidence of compliance certificate with provisions of section 6 (1) (3) of the amended Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Act No. 19 of 2011
g. Evidence of registration on the National Database of Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers
h. Evidence of ThreeStar Checkpoint Partnership Status
i. Current company’s audited statement of account
j. Comprehensive company profile including registered office address, functional contact email address, GSM phone number(s), facsimile number(s)
k. Verifiable evidence of similar jobs successfully executed in the past
l. Reference letter from Bank stating financial ability to carry out such service(s)
While items “a” to “h” above are mandatory, availability and completeness of the others will attract rating
COLLECTION OF BID DOCUMENTS
Interested companies who possess the above minimum requirements may collect the bidding documents on the payment of a non-refundable fee of N50,000.00 (Bank Draft in favour of Central Bank of Nigeria) from:
Major Contracts Tenders Committee
2nd Floor, Wing C,
CBN Head Office Complex,
Central Business District
Abuja, FCT Nigeria
Phone No: 09-462-37216
Completed tender documents, including all the above listed documents should be forwarded in wax sealed envelope boldly marked at the top left corner: “REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT AND DEPLOYMENT OF ENTERPRISE NETWORK SECURITY (SECURE GATEWAY) SOLUTION FOR THE CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA”
And addressed to:
Major Contracts Tenders Committee
2nd Floor, Wing C,
CBN Head Office Complex,
Central Business District
Abuja, FCT Nigeria
Phone No: 09-462-37216
All submissions must be received at the above office not later than 12:00pm on 19th January, 2016
BID OPENING DATE:
All submissions will be opened immediately after close of submission of the bid on 19th January, 2016
A. Nothing in the advert shall be construed to be a commitment on the part of the CBN
B. The successful company(s) will be notified formally
For further information, please call: 07002255226
SOURCE: DAILY SUN