The Slovenia-Nigeria Chamber of Commerce is pleased to announce It’s partnership with Intertek. From January 2016, SNCC is in position to help you comply with all Import/Export requirements for Nigeria and other countries.
Exporters/Importers trading with Nigeria need to comply with the requirements of the Standards Organisation of Nigeria Conformity Assessment Programme (SONCAP) in order for their goods to clear customs, failure to do so can result in severe delays in goods clearance, penalties or even shipments being returned.
SONCAP was implemented in 2005 to assure Nigerian consumers of the quality and safety of imported goods and to facilitate trade.
‘Regulated Products’ within the programme require a SONCAP Certificate prior to export. Intertek is the longest serving Conformity Assessment Programme (CAP) partner and approved to issue both SONCAP and Product Certificates for goods exported to Nigeria.
The requirements for SONCAP include:
• Every consignment of imported goods which contains regulated products must be accompanied by a SONCAP Certificate. Intertek is the most experienced among all PMCs in operating the SONCAP programme.
• The SONCAP Certificate is required to ensure smooth Customs clearance of shipments in Nigeria.
• The SONCAP Certificate confirms that the products comply with the relevant Nigerian technical regulations and approved international/regional/national standards.
• The authorities in Nigeria may take random samples from imported consignments to verify compliance.
• Additional details on the SONCAP procedure and a list of Regulated Products currently requiring SONCAP certification are available at www.exports2nigeria.com
The Intertek Solution helping you export to Nigeria
• Intertek has experience in providing solutions to businesses exporting a wide range of products to Nigeria. We have undertaken more assessments of more products for longer than any other organisation.
• Intertek has one of the world’s largest networks of laboratories, authorised to test to Nigeria’s requirements including electrical, chemical, automotive goods, building materials and many others.
• Intertek can issue type test reports (full testing) from one our accredited laboratories against Nigerian standards/Nigerian approved (sanctioned) standards.
• Intertek has a global network of offices that have operated Nigerian programmes for many years.
• Our staff are experts on Nigerian standards and requirements as well as understanding the needs of exporters and importers.
• The Intertek Product Certificate is recognised and trusted by SON and by Nigerian Customs.
• Intertek can provide a tailor-made service that meets your particular needs, including:
• Submission of assessment requests online
• Automated e-mails for status of certificates
• Flexible certificate delivery solutions for high volume users
For assistance in exporting to Nigeria, contact us for more details…