Programme: Transport Facilitation Programme for the Bamenda-Mamfe-Abakiliki-Enugu Road Corridor
Project: Consultant’s Services for Design and Supervision of 3No. Axle Load Scales and Weight Stations at Abakiliki, Ogoja Junction, and Mfum along the Abakiliki-Mfum (Cameroon Border) Corridor in Nigeria
Financing Agreement reference: Loan No. 2100150019643
Project ID No: P-ZI-DBO-023
This request for expressions of interest follows the General Procurement Notice for this project that appeared in Development Business N0.733 of August 21, 2008.
The Federal Republic of Nigeria and Republic of Cameroon have received financing from the African Development Bank (AFDB) toward the cost of the Transport Facilitation Programme for the Bamenda-Mamfe-Abakiliki-Enugu Road Corridor, and Federal Republic of Nigeria intends to apply part of the agreed amount for this loan to payments under the contract for Consultant’s Services for Design and Supervision of 3No. Axle Load Scales and Weigh Stations at Abakiliki, Ogoja Junction, and Mfum along the Abakiliki-Mfum (Cameroon Border) Corridor in Nigeria.
The services included under this project are based on the following objective:
To help the Road Sector Development Team put in place a suitable Axle Load Weighing System capable of detecting overloaded vehicles within the framework of the Nigerian Axle Load Policy vis-a-vis the ECOWAS harmonised axle load regulation which allows a maximum axle load of 11.5 tons for single load-carrying axles.
In order to achieve the objective, the consultant is expected to:
- Propose a suitable axle load weighing equipment which shall be rugged, inexpensive, easy to operate, and requires little or no maintenance;
- Design a suitable weighing facility which shall be located within the road reserve/right of way which is 50m from the road centreline.
- Prepare Final Engineering Drawings
- Prepare priced and unpriced Bill of Engineering Measurements and Evaluations/Bills of quantities;
- Prepare Tender documents for the procurement of Supplier/Civil Works Contractor
- Participate in the bid evaluation for the equipment Supplier/Civil Works Contractor;
- Supervise the installation and related Civil/Building works;
- Carry out any other activities necessary for the successful realization of the objective.
The intended contract duration shall be 7 months comprising 2 1/2 months for the design, 1/2 month for the bid evaluation, and 4 months for the supervision, Commencement date is around 3rd week of August 2014.
The Road Sector Development Team of the Federal Ministry of Works, Nigeria, now invites eligible consultants to indicate their interest in providing these services. Interested consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (brochures, description of similar assignments, evidence of accomplishment of similar assignment, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills among staff, etc.). Specifically, consultants are to provide the following information:
- Full profile with all details ( address, contact person, telephone/fax numbers, e-mail).
- General organisational capability and resources (staffing, years of experience in the above field).
- Experience profile (services description, services amount and contracting organisation/entity, evidence of similar jobs undertaken).
- Ability to provide innovation in design to ensure a cost-effective and functional weigh station with low adverse impact on the environment.
- Evidence of intended joint venture partnership agreements where consultants intend to associate
Consultants may constitute joint-venture to enhance their chances of qualification.
Eligibility criteria, establishment of the short-list and selection procedure shall be in accordance with the African Development Bank’s ‘Rules and procedures for the use of Consultants’-May 2008 edition Revised July 2012, which is available on the Bank’s website at http://www.afdb.org. Borrowers are under no obligation to shortlist any consultant who expresses interest.
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours from 09:00 to 16:00 hours local time Monday to Friday.
Expressions of Interest must be delivered in English language to the address not later than 16.00 hours local time on Wednesday, June 18, 2014 and must indicate the name of the services-” Consultants Services for Design and Supervision of 3No. Axle Load Scales and Weigh Stations” at the top left side of the envelope. The address is:
The Unit Manager,
Road Sector Developemnt Team (RSDT)
6,Niagara Close, Off Erie Crescent, Off Nile Street,
Maitama, Abuja, Nigeria.
Attn: Engr.Ishaq D.Mohammed, Unit Manager
E-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com