Invitation for Bids Nigeria Electricity and Gas Improvement Project-Additional Financing:Supply and Installation of Substation Essential Power Equipment
Date: 28th October, 2015
Loan No: CR 46200 UNI
IFB No: NGP-T6
(1) The Federal Republic of Nigeria has received a Credit from the International Development Association (IDA) towards the cost of Nigeria Electricity and Gas Improvement Project and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this credit to payments under the contract for the Supply and Installation of Substation Essential Power Equipment: (NGP-T6).
(2) The Transmission Company of Nigeria Plc – Project Management Unit (TCN-PMU) now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the Supply and Installation of Substation Essential Power Equipment; (NGP-T6).
Lot 1: Kaduna Mando 330/ 132/33kV substation, Kaduna Power Station 132/33kV substation, Kainji 330/132/33kV substation, Zaria 132/33kV substation, Bida 132/33kV substation, Hadejia 132/33kV substation, Minna 132/33kV substation and Tegina 132/33kV substation
Lot 2: Jos 330/132/33kV Substation, Katampe 330/132/33kV Substation, Apo 132/33kV Substation, Suleja 132/33kV Substation, Keffi 132/33kV Substation, Enugu 330/132/33kV Substation, Calabar 132/33kV Substation and Onitsha 330/132/33kV Substation.
Lot 3: Ado Ekiti 132/33kV Substation, Ejigbo 132/33kV Substation, Old Abeokuta 132/33kV Substation, Ayede 330/132/33kV Substation, Alimosho 132/33kV Substation, Papalanto 330/132/33kV Substation, Akure 132/33kV Substation and Olorunshogo 330/132/33kV Substation.
International competitive bidding will be conducted in accordance with the Bank’s Single-Stage Bidding Procedure.
(3) Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from and inspect the bidding documents at Transmission Company of Nigeria Plc, Project Management Unit (TCN-PMU) at address given below from 9:00a.m to 5:00p.m week days Nigeria time starring from 28th October, 2015.
(4) Complete set of bidding documents in English may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of Fifty Thousand Naira (N50,000.00) or two hundred and fifty US Dollars (US$250.00). The method of payment will be by Certified Bank Cheque in favour of TCN.
(5) The provisions in the Instructions to Bidders and in the General Conditions of Contract are the provisions of the Bank Standard Bidding Documents: Procurement of Plant, Design, Supply, and Installation.
(6) Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 12:00pm on 13th January, 2016. All bids must be accompanied by a bid security of
Lot 1: Two hundred and forty-one thousand US Dollar (USD241,000.00)
Lot 2: Three hundred and eighty thousand US Dollar (USD380,000.00)
Lot 3: Two hundred and forty-five thousand US Dollar (USD245,000.00) or equivalent amounts in a freely convertible currency. Late bids will be rejected.
(7) Firms that cannot meet the following key qualifications requirements are not encouraged to participate in the bidding process:
(a) Average annual turnover requirement
Minimum average annual turnover of
Lot 1 – Twelve Million and fifty thousand US Dollars (US$12,050,000)
Lot 2 – Nineteen Million US Dollars (US$19,000,000)
Lot 3 – Twelve Million, one hundred thousand US Dollars (US$12,100,000)
Calculated as total certified payments received for contracts in progress or completed, within the lastFive (5) years
(b) Financial Resources:
The Bidder must demonstrate access to, or availability of, financial resources such as liquid assets, unencumbered real assets, lines of credit, and other financial means, other than any contractual advance payments to meet the following cash-flow requirements:
Lot 1 – Two Million and forty-five thousand US Dollar (US$2,045,000)
Lot 2 – Three Million, two hundred thousand US Dollar (US$3,200,000)
Lot 3 – Two Million and fifty thousand US Dollar (US$2,050,000)
(c) Specific Experience:
Participation as contractor, management contractor, or subcontractor, in at least Two (2) contracts within the last Ten (10) years each with a value of at least:
Lot 1 – Nine Million, six hundred and fifty thousand US Dollar (US$9,650,000) Lot 2 – Fifteen Million, two hundred thousand US Dollar (US$ 15,200,000)
Lot 3 – Nine Million, seven hundred thousand US Dollar (US$9,700,000)
(8) Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders’ representatives, who choose to attend at the address (2) below not later than 12:15 pm., on 13th January, 2016.
Engr. AJ. Ciroma
General Manager, Project Management Unit
7, Hombori Street,
Off Adetokunbo Ademola Crescent
Wuse II, Abuja 900288,