Request for Expressions of Interest
Federal Republic of Nigeria
Third Urban Water Sector Reform and Port Harcourt Water Supply and Sanitation Project
Loan No./Credit No./ Grant No.: 5416-NG
Consultancy Services for Supervision of Civil Works (Water Supply) Package 2
Reference No.: PHWSS/IDA/C/QCBS/001
(1) This invitation follows the General Procurement Notice (GPN) for this project that appeared in UNDB online, Issue No. AfDB 752-11-14 of 11th November, 2014 and on the World Bank External Website.
(2) The Federal Government of Nigeria on behalf of Government of Rivers State of Nigeria has applied for financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Third Urban Water Sector Reform and Port Harcourt Water Supply and Sanitation Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
(3) The consulting services (“the Services”) are Supervision of Civil Works (Water Supply) Package 2 which includes site supervision, quality, time and cost controls for civil works (rehabilitation and new) in Port Harcourt, Rivers State. The Construction work is divided into four (4) Lots as follows:
|S/No||Lot Description||Procurement Method||Total Pipe Length (m)||Service Meters|
|1||Rumuola – Trans Amadi transmission line and existing OH tank: Distribution network including metering for Zone 10 – Trans Amadi||ICB||94.900||30,600|
|2||Rumuola -Woji transmission line, new OH tank: Distribution network including metering for Zone 14 -Woji||ICB||119.800||6,120|
|3||Rumuola – Elelenwo transmission line, new OH tank; Distribution network including metering for Zone 15 – Elelenwo||ICB||111.100||7,140|
|4||Diobu – Abuloma transmission line, new OH tank: Distribution network including metering for Zone 13 – Abuloma||ICB||138.500||20,400|
(4) The Executing Agency is the Port-Harcourt Water Corporation and implementation period of the consultancy assignment is three (3) years.
The Port-Harcourt Water Corporation now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are:
|Eligibility(application is rejected outright, if any of the following is not satisfied)|
|1||Firm eligibility as per WB guidelines pursuant to paragraph 1.23(d) of the Consultant Guidelines referred to in Paragraph 6|
|2||Provision of relevant documents in REOI|
|b||Legal Status/eligibility-company registration/audit report (last .3 years: Jan. 2013- Dec. 15)|
|c||Description of Similar assignment/experience under similar conditions|
|2.1||Organization of ConsultantNo. of years of firm’s experience (of lead firm if a JV): 5 years min.|
|2.2||Fields of operation relevant to the project|
|3.1||Experience of ConsultantSimilar Water & Sanitation Engineering and Civil Works Supervision consultancies and experience in the past 10 years: Minimum of 3 successfully completed projects with a works budget of at least USD3.0 million|
|3.2||Experience in similar conditions (Sub Saharan Africa): 1 consultancy minimum|
|3.3||Average annual value of relevant consultancies: USD500.000|
|Statement of CapabilityAvailability of appropriate staff
Number of qualified staff with relevant undergrad: 3 permanent key/core staff minimum
|5.2||Number of qualified staff with relevant post grad degree|
(5) The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011, Revised July 2014 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Borrowers are under no obligation to shortlist any consultancy firm which expresses interest.
(6) Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub-consultancy to enhance their qualifications.
(7) A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality- and Cost-Based Selection (QCBS) method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
(8) Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours from Monday to Friday, between 8:00 to 4:00pm (Nigeria time).
(9) Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form (one hard original, five hard copies and a CD) to the address below by 4:00 pm, (Nigeria time) on or before 26th May, 2016, and mention “EOI for the Third Urban Water Sector Reform and Port Harcourt Water Supply and Sanitation Project: Consultancy Services for Supervision of Civil Works Package 2”.
Attn: The Managing Director
Mr Kenneth Anga
Port Harcourt Water Corporation
No. 6, Water Works Road
Port Harcourt, Nigeria